Simley High School’s Hall of Fame
Simley High School’s Hall of Fame exists to honor those individuals who have distinguished themselves in the areas of academic achievement, athletic achievement, or humanitarian achievement. Simley High School and the Inver Grove Heights community are proud of our rich tradition of excellence in academics, athletics, post-secondary accomplishments and/or humanitarian efforts. Simley High School’s Hall of Fame seeks to honor these accomplishments and share them with future generations.
Any alumni or friend of Simley High School may submit the name or names of nominees who meet the criteria listed below:
Current Simley Hall of Fame Inductees
Criteria for Induction
The following criteria will be used to evaluate nominees to Simley High School’s Hall of Fame:
- The nominee must be a graduate of Simley High School. A nominee becomes eligible for induction to Simley High School’s Hall of Fame five years after graduation. The nominee may also be a former employee or support staff.
- The nominee under consideration must be a person of good character, a good citizen, and a credit to the community.
- Nominations to the Hall of Fame must be made by a person other than the nominee.
- Nominees must have distinguished themselves in one or more areas listed (academic achievement, athletic achievement, post-secondary achievement or humanitarian achievement) to be considered for election.
- A nominee must be voted in per voting rules of the selection committee in order to be inducted into Simley High School’s Hall of Fame.
- Deadline for submission of nominations is April 15. Completed applications should be sent to Will Short, Activities Director at email@example.com or Simley High School, 2920 80th Street East, Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota 55076.
Induction Ceremony and Recognition
- An induction ceremony will be held to honor those selected for induction into the Simley High School Hall of Fame. The Selection Committee will choose the time and place for the induction.
- Plaques displaying a photograph and describing the accomplishments of the inductees will be displayed in Simley High School’s Hall of Fame in the main foyer. Each inductee will also receive a plaque.
Election of Inductees
- A maximum of 5 inductees will be selected to the Hall of Fame each year. Those nominated one year but not selected will permanently remain in the nomination pool for future selection.
- The Selection Committee may select a maximum of four special award recipients per year or none if they so desire.
The selection committee consists of current or retired Simley High School teaching/coaching/support staff as well as active alumni of Simley High School.
- These by-laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the members of the Selection Committee at a regular or special meeting.
Simley High School Hall of Fame Nomination Form
Simley Hall of Fame Nomination Form
Nominee’s Name __________________________________ Year Graduated____________
Nominee’s Address_________________________________ Phone/Email ____________________
Nominated by______________________________________ Phone/Email ____________________
Nominator’s Address________________________________ Date Nominated__________________
Please provide details below:
Post Simley Achievement