Simley Head Girls Softball Coach
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching an athletic team
- Assist the student activities and athletics director with hiring, development, and evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Plan and supervise the team to and from all events, practices, and competitions.
- Work with the athletics director and booster club on specific budget requests and spending, as well as, fund raising as needed.
- Plan and implement in-season and out-of-season condition and weight training program with weight training staff.
- Coordinate practice and game schedules with the Athletics Office and coaches from other programs.
- Enforce and model discipline and positive sportsmanship at all times and establish and manage penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Perform other relevant duties regarding the program.
- Follow athletic department policy in ordering equipment, uniforms, and supplies for the program.
- Assist Athletics Office to maintain complete and accurate records needed to participate in MSHSL sponsored athletics.
- Prepare and maintain a roster of all team members, including grade level, team level, and positions.
- Report and document with an injury report form all major student injuries immediately to the Athletic Trainer and the Athletics Office.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Has knowledge and background in the specific sport
- Evidence of and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills when working with coworkers, parents, community members, supervisor, and students.
- Ability to receive feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to further the benefits of student participation in co-curricular activities.
- Ability to perform essential job functions.
Applicant must possess coaching license or have completed the MSHSL Coaching Certification.
- Please send a cover letter, resume, references directly to Will Short the Activities Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews will be conducted with candidates that best meet the current needs of the District.
- Review of materials will start immediately.
- The position will be filled on an undesignated time-frame when, and not until, the right candidate emerges.