Congratulations to Shane Prifrel for being selected the 2020 Apollo-male athlete of the year. Shane is a three sport athlete: Football, Hockey and Baseball. Here are Shane’s credentials.
- 3 year letter winner
- Team Captain
- All-District Award Winner 2019
- Passed for 1379 yds and 12 TDs his senior year (most single season total in my ten years of being here)
- Rushed for 217 yds and 5 TDs
- Converted 28 of 31 PATs and handled all punting responsibilities
- QB for the 4AAAA Section Champion and State qualifing 2019 football team.
Developed into an amazing leader both on and off the field and was the driving force behind one of the most productive offenses Simley has ever had. (Coach Mensen-Head Football Coach)
- Four year letter winner
- First Class to win 10+ games all three years
- Two-time All-Conference 2018-19, 2019-20
- Lead team in scoring: 25 games played: 20 goals, 16 assists, 36 points
- Finished career with: 78 games played: 34 goals 36 assists, 70 points
Hardest working player on the ice. Led by example Worked very hard off-ice and in the off-season and volunteered with youth hockey association.(Austyn Kryzer-Head Hockey Coach)
4 year letting winner
3 year starter
All conference honorable mention
Started every game the last two years at Simley.
Did not get to play his senior year.
Tremendous athlete who has mastered the balance of work and play. (Zach Hendrikson-Head Baseball Coach)